Michael Garcia currently manages the National End User K-12 Business for HID Global and serves as a Director on the Partner Alliance for Safer Schools (http://passk12.org/ ), which develops Safety & Security Guidelines endorsed by the Security Industry Association (SIA) and the National Security Contractors Association (NSCA) – to assess & manage school district risk across the country. Michael is a career business development professional in the Physical Security, Cyber Security and Secure Identity space. In 2007, Michael served as President of The LearnSafe Initiative, which developed the first Unified Security Platform for school districts which included Behavioral Intervention training programs, Biometric Facial Recognition, Intelligent Video Surveillance, integrated Access Control, gunshot detection and automated lockdowns – delivering a comprehensive layered solution by combining people, process & technology. Over the past 20 years he has worked as an executive for leading security software & hardware companies servicing Homeland Security, US Government agencies & the Department of Defense such as NextgenID, Monitor Dynamics and Secure Info Corporation.
10:30 AM - 11:15 AM Thu, Nov 29, 2018 TBC
The Partner Alliance for Safer Schools Is here to help schools with physical securitySchool administrators must answer two basic questions when planning to implement security measures: What should we do? And how do we pay for it? PASS seeks to help school officials navigate the challenges associated with security equipment and processes. A panel of PASS team members will present on the PASS recommendations that were developed to assist school officials.
Learning Objectives and Participant OutcomesGuests will learn analyze school security threats and outline the legal, moral and other arguments for making investments in security.
- A ability to analyze school security threats
- A ability to outline the legal, moral and other arguments for making investments in security
- A ability to examine the nature of risk, risk assessment and risk mitigation
- A ability to understand the importance of having “layers” of security
- Learn specific recommendations for deploying security solutions
- Attendee will have some understanding how technology help mitigate security threats
- Attendee will learn how much security technology costs for their schools and districts
- Attendee will learn how apply the layers of security within their districts
- Attendee will learn about types of security technologies that can be used in school security