A former K-8 teacher, Karen Woodmansee is the owner of Time For You Fitness, LLC. providing Integrative Wellness Education, a registered Kripalu yoga instructor and Kripalu Yoga in the Schools teacher, and serves as a subject matter expert for the American Council on Exercise. As a leader in health and fitness education, Karen coaches others to find ways to reduce stress and anxiety while finding their distinct sense of purpose and well-being. Karen has contributed to weather.com, ACE ProSource, and as an ACE Spokesperson hosting the 2012 Hershey Track and Field Moderation Nation events. She has provided workshops for first responders, NAACP, Weight Watchers, and other organizations. Karen has an M.A. in Education and an M.S. in Kinesiology and Integrative Wellness.
Resolve to Evolve: Preventing School Tragedy with Well-BeingExamine the evidence of lifestyle stressors and supply your toolkit with practical skills to prevent tragedy in our schools. Learn how crisis can be prevented and put into practice. Key takeaways about stress and anxiety reduction and maximizing personal strengths. These preventative measures will teach you how to create a more mindful approach to well-being for any situation.
Learning Objectives and Participant OutcomesParticipants will examine the evidence how stress, anxiety, and depression can be alleviated through the use of lifestyle medicine to promote success.
- Identify the connection between exercise, nutrition, sleep, and emotions
- Develop strategies to reduce stress and anxiety
- Identify warning signs of students in crisis
- Practice mindful solutions to activate the parasympathetic nervous system to stay calm in a crisis
- Describe the interplay between the mind/body/spirit to prevent tragedy
- Practice activation of the relaxation response to calm the nervous system
- Compare techniques to increase happiness and overarching sense of well-being