Aaron Bayer is in his 8th year as Superintendent. Aaron was selected Superintendent of Oregon Trail School District in 2011 when he was 35. He holds a Master’s Degree in Counseling and Consulting and a Master’s in Teaching. Bayer and his team are NIMS and ICS certified, and have consulted and presented across the Pacific Northwest. Aaron’s team helps provide solutions for technology, physical structures, landscapes and human capital. They assist schools, public and private partners to engage stakeholders in the process of cultural change, identifying vulnerabilities in security and safety systems and create pathways that produce viable Emergency Operations Plans to meet the distinct needs of each community.
10:30 AM - 11:15 AM Thu, Nov 29, 2018 TBC
Creating a Culture of Safety in SchoolsThe Oregon Trail School District has collaborated with Fire, Law Enforcement, City and County Managers to create a culture of safety throughout the school system-developing and implementing an emergency operations approach that has changed the way school staff, students, and parents think about, prepare for, and respond to a crisis.
Learning Objectives and Participant OutcomesConference participants will learn an approach to engaging stakeholders in the on-going process of emergency planning and preparedness, assessing and b
- Assess school and campus vulnerabilities
- Engage all stakeholders: staff, parents, students, school board, community partners.
- Secure your schools and campues
- Empower your staff and students to respond to and survive a security threat.
- Identify community partners to bring to the table
- Work with community partners to assess and address vulnerabilities
- Compare approaches to addressing security threats
- Identify staff training needs