Warman Hall is the principal of Aztec High School in Aztec NM, serving an average of 900 ninth through twelfth grade students each year. Warman has 21 years in education, the last 11 at AHS. Warman is the 2018 New Mexico Principal of the Year
TBC Wed, Nov 20, 2019 TBC
School Leadership Perspectives After a Campus ShootingOn December 7, 2017 evil came onto our campus and took two innocent lives and then his own. The incident lasted five minutes, but changed our community forever. The staff saved many lives that day because they reacted to years of purposeful practice, training, and the networking done with local emergency officials and law enforcement. Hear our story and what we learned through our experience.
Learning Objectives and Participant OutcomesParticipants will understand that a culture of safety is more than a plan, its’s about networking and having meaningful community partnerships.
- Participants will gain an understanding of the importance of conducting purposeful drills and ensuring they’re done on a routine basis.
- Participants will gain an understanding of the importance of developing networks so best practices can be shared on ways to improve school safety.
- Participants will learn that school safety plans should include comprehensive exercises with law enforcement and other emergency services.
- Participants will understand how years of working with local Emergency Management and law enforcement saved lives on the day of our incident.
- Participants will hear lessons learned from our incident in Aztec, NM.
- Participants will be able to identify the frequency of drills conducted on their campus and ensure that they are being practiced on a routine basis.
- Participants will identify a list of agencies and individuals that they can contact to help improve networking to help improve their safety plans.
- Participants will create a working network to plan and share best practices with emergency agencies and schools/districts in their area.
- Participants will develop a long range plan of how they systemically work to improve their overall safety plan.
- Participants will ask questions on lessons learned from an actual event that took place in Aztec, New Mexico on December 7, 2017.
Add to Calendar 11/20/2019 TBC 11/20/2019 America/Los_Angeles National Student Safety and Security Conference and Workshop 2019 School Leadership Perspectives After a Campus Shooting Las Vegas